Ever thought, what detoxifying the body actually signify? This means how we can take out almost all the toxins (waste) from our body, to have a clearer skin and last but not least, helps one to feel fresher.
But first let us learn what actually causes these toxins to produce in our body? Well, a simple answer to that is nothing but the food we eat. When we eat something, what happens is that it passes through the food pipe, digests in stomach, absorbs in small intestine, passes into large intestine and after it gets excreted out as a complete waste through anus. Even though this is same for all the food items, they take different time to complete this process.
Basically, “less water content a food has, harder it is for our body to digest it.”
Grains (wheat, rice, lentil, chickpeas etc.) having least water content takes maximum time to digest and if not given them their required time for their complete digestion they lead to toxin production in body.
Also, food items (especially fried ones) aren’t completely digested and hence sit on the walls of intestine from where they travel through blood stream across the body and hence causing serious life threatening problems like obstructing arteries in the form of plaque, ovaries in the form of cyst, gall bladder in the form of gall-stones, respiratory tract causing asthma and what not.
Therefore, it is really very important to detoxify your body properly.
Here are some ways including some food items which not only helps you to detox your body but at the same time is healthy as well:
- EAT RIGHT FOOD AT THE RIGHT TIME: Eating healthy obviously is very beneficial but, eating healthy at the right time is even more beneficiary. For example, having chapati (Indian food made up of wheat) 3 times a day (which generally every Indian eats) is not healthy at all. Wheat contains gluten which increases the risk of having celiac disease, it even needs quite a lot time to digest and also, this is no way helps detoxifying our body unless eaten in a correct way. Eating grains in lunch is considered as a best option because then you’re giving enough time to your body to digest it properly.
- CHAPATI AS A DETOX FODD ITEM: Making chapatis using only WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR. The flour through which we make chapati nowadays isn’t the whole wheat. The outer covering of the seeds gets removed before grinding it, which takes away all the nutritious part of it and hence completely ruining it as a food source. Hence, it is important to use only whole wheat flour for chapati to get all the nutrients our body asks for.
- FATS AND OILS: Having fried dishes like fries, chips pakoras etc aren’t healthy as it contains non-healthy fats, is deep fried twice or maybe even thrice in oil (non-healthy). Natural fats and oils like extra virgin olive oil, organic coconut oil is good for body, skin, and provides energy to us. Even coconut, avocado contains healthy fats which should be eaten moderately.
- SALADS FOR DETOX: Veggies like coriander, kale, carrot, tomato, peas, lettuce, cabbage, bell pepper, cucumber – eat abundantly, as it’s one of the best ways to detox. Nuts and seeds like almonds, cashews, pistachios, sunflower seeds, chia seeds are also suggested but if eaten only in limited amounts as they are harder to digest. Also, try eating salads for dinner and skipping grains.
- LIGHT BREAKFAST: Do not make your breakfast heavy, instead have your lunch heavy and at the same time dinner lighter. For breakfast, it’s better to consume juices (with maybe some fruits if you wish to) rather than having any hard stuff.
- SWEAT OUT YOUR TOXINS: Exercising helps one to excrete toxins more effectively.
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER: Hydration for our body is a really very important step. One should always remember that drinking water is the main and best step out of all for detoxification.
NOTE: DO NOT ADD CHICKPEAS OR ANY GRAIN WHILE HAVING SALADS BECAUSE THEN THERE WILL BE NO MEANS OF HAVING IT, FOCUS ON TO HAVING ONLY VEGGIES, FOOD THAT IS LIGHT AND DETOXIFYING.
OFCOURSE, THERE ARE MANY OTHER METHODS AS WELL TO DETOXIFY YOUR BODY, BUT THE ONES SHOWN HERE WILL NOT ONLY HELP YOU TO DETOXIFY BUT WILL MAKE A DRASTIC CHANGE IN YOUR LIFESTYLE, WILL HELP TO MODIFY YOUR DAILY ROUTINE i.e., WILL HELP YOUR BODY IN OVERALL HEALING. SO, “STAY HEALED, STAY FIT!”
SATVIC MOVEMENT – Take out the toxins from your body | Subah Jain;